Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Last week was my birthday and I was planning on posting back then right after it happened, but it got away from me and I'm posting a week later. My birthday was an awesome day full of shopping, food, and surprises.

I spent most of the day wandering around the mall just looking for anything that might strike my fancy. It was my birthday, so I figured that I would go and find myself something. Well, sad to say, I only found one thing, but it was pretty nice. I bought a light jacket from the GAP. I have been needing a light jacket, something I could wear when it wasn't too hot or too cold. I had the problem of having no jacket, and my Russian wool jacket that was meant to keep me warm really when it is below 0 degrees outside. So, I would either be a little cold in more mild weather, or extremely hot because of my limited choices.

In my family, we always celebrate our birthdays by going out to eat at the restaurant of our choice. I wanted to go to the Bombay House. It has amazing Indian food, but I knew that my mom and sister would not eat anything there. So I settled on Los Hermanos, a nice little Americanized Mexican restaurant. It was quite delicious and very satisfying.

When I went into work that afternoon to lock up the lab, there was a surprise waiting at my desk.


There were five balloons held down by a Snickers bar. It was left by a very dear friend of mine. At first, when I saw the balloons, I was really confused. I looked around the lab trying to figure out to whom they belonged. When there was only one person in the lab, and they were as far as they could get from the balloons, I then realized that they were maybe for me. And they were! Pretty cool, huh?

Thanks to everyone that made my birthday so special, whether it was by surprise, comment, or facebook message. It was a wonderful day.

No comments: