School started again and it is busier than ever. It has only been two weeks and I am exhausted. My schedule kind of goes like this:
6:15 am - alarm goes off
6:50-7:00 am - actually get out of bed.
7:30 am - pick up Kristin and head to school.
8:00 am - 6:00 pm - variety of classes mixed with homework, composing, lots of horn practicing, lunch and dinner with Kristin, chat with Kristin...
6:00 pm - go to work
9:30 pm - get off of work (do as much homework as possible while on the clock, while at the same time getting all my tasks done)
10:00 pm - visit with Kristin before bedtime
11:00 pm - a little more homework, get ready for bed
12:00 pm - sleep
I have lots to do and not quite enough time to do it all, but I'm not complaining. I'm just having the time of my life and enjoying every minute that I can squeeze out of it.
So, some highlights from the first two weeks of school:
- I auditioned and got a spot playing 2nd horn in the BYU Philharmonic Orchestra. It is so awesome and I am so excited for all the pieces that we get to play and all the concerts we have.
- It is my last year here at BYU. I'm hoping to graduate in April 2010.
- I'm playing in a woodwind quintet. I haven't played in a small ensemble for a long time. I've forgotten how much I love it!
- President Monson is the man! I've learned so many amazing things about him in my Living Prophets class and it makes me respect him more than I ever have. He truly is God's Prophet on the earth today.
- French horn rocks! I forgot how much I love to play it. I was a big slacker over the summer.
- I'm still dating Kristin. She is absolutely amazing and we have awesome times together.
There are just a few things that pop into my head at the moment. I'm sure that there are plenty more, and I know that there are more great things to come this semester. It's going to be hard and extremely busy, but I'm way excited to see how this semester will unfold.