Friday, September 11, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

So, I am still alive (barely!) and I thought I would leave a little update of what has been going on in my life the past little while.

School started again and it is busier than ever. It has only been two weeks and I am exhausted. My schedule kind of goes like this:

6:15 am - alarm goes off
6:50-7:00 am - actually get out of bed.
7:30 am - pick up Kristin and head to school.
8:00 am - 6:00 pm - variety of classes mixed with homework, composing, lots of horn practicing, lunch and dinner with Kristin, chat with Kristin...
6:00 pm - go to work
9:30 pm - get off of work (do as much homework as possible while on the clock, while at the same time getting all my tasks done)
10:00 pm - visit with Kristin before bedtime
11:00 pm - a little more homework, get ready for bed
12:00 pm - sleep

I have lots to do and not quite enough time to do it all, but I'm not complaining. I'm just having the time of my life and enjoying every minute that I can squeeze out of it.

So, some highlights from the first two weeks of school:
  • I auditioned and got a spot playing 2nd horn in the BYU Philharmonic Orchestra. It is so awesome and I am so excited for all the pieces that we get to play and all the concerts we have.
  • It is my last year here at BYU. I'm hoping to graduate in April 2010.
  • I'm playing in a woodwind quintet. I haven't played in a small ensemble for a long time. I've forgotten how much I love it!
  • President Monson is the man! I've learned so many amazing things about him in my Living Prophets class and it makes me respect him more than I ever have. He truly is God's Prophet on the earth today.
  • French horn rocks! I forgot how much I love to play it. I was a big slacker over the summer.
  • I'm still dating Kristin. She is absolutely amazing and we have awesome times together.
There are just a few things that pop into my head at the moment. I'm sure that there are plenty more, and I know that there are more great things to come this semester. It's going to be hard and extremely busy, but I'm way excited to see how this semester will unfold.

1 comment:

kwistin said...

You're quite the busy bee. Thanks for being patient in letting a little artist make your life busier! I'm proud of you for all the things you're involved in. All of your work will pay off and be for your good in the end.

I love that you said you're "having the time of your life and enjoying every minute that [you] can squeeze out of it". Good life motto. :)