Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Confusing Diminutive

So, there is only one true way to spell my name. That is with an 'h' at the end. Hence, my name is Zach, but the 'h' is silent. Now check this out. I'm headed to Korea from Salt Lake City. I'm on the bus when one of the tour directors tells us to get into our tour envelopes and has us pull our name tags out and put them on. This is what I pulled out of the envelope. 


You can imagine how I feeling. It wouldn't have been so bad had I not made the correction that it should be an 'h' and not a 'k' several weeks in advance and multiple times. Think about it. If my name is Zachary, and I was shortening it, just take off the -ary. There is no 'k' in Zachary. Zackary? Umm... I don't think so. Anyway, I just thought that it was funny. So, that's where my blog title comes from.

1 comment:

kwistin said...

'Zachary?' What kind of name is 'Zachary?'?! It's so confusing. With silent letters and diminutive whosey-whatsies....

My name's as simple as it gets. Strong...and...Bad. Strong Bad. Could it be any more simple?!!

Zach...yeah...that's weird.