Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Light up the Sky

It is monsoon season in Tucson and the lightning shows have been absolutely spectacular. I have taken some time to capture a little bit of these storms the past few weeks and thought that I would put up my favorites for all to see. Enjoy!


This was a composite of two different lightning strikes into one image.
That made it a little more interesting.


I thought about superimposing these images, but liked the collage better.
Each were too beautiful on their own.

I was really excited when I captured this one.
I opened my shutter and saw this flash and knew it was going to be amazing.
I still can't stop looking at it.


Looking at lightning in still images has been quite fascinating. I love the unique paths that each bolt takes across the sky. I guess this could relate to life in some way. Everyone takes a different path. Each is beautiful in its own way. If all lightning strikes were straight lines between the sky and earth, that would be dull. Likewise, if everyone's journey through life was the same straight line from A to B, we would all be dull human beings. But we all have unique paths. We all have unique characters and personalities. We should all respect that about each other. With this in mind, I believe we could all find greater peace and joy in life.

No comments: