Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Graduation

April 22 and 23 marked two of the biggest days of my life. I graduated from college! For me, this is a huge accomplishment. While in school, I always had the feeling that there was no end in sight and I would be in school forever. Well, after 5 years of Brigham Young University, I received my Bachelors Degree in Music Composition. This finally marked the end of my undergraduate career.


What are the pros of being a graduate? Let me tell you.

First off, if you are a music major at BYU, you get a fancy pink tassel! Check it out! The majority of people get either a white one or a yellow one. That's a music major perk.


Secondly, I am now a member of the BYU Alumni and get to reap the benefits of that, whatever they are. Maybe I should check it out and learn what it is all about.

Thirdly, I get to say the I am graduated. How much more snooty can I get than when someone asks, "are you in school?" Ha! I'm graduated. Didn't see that coming, did you! I guess there are more snooty things such as "I have a Masters" or "I'm a Doctor." I'm working on that.


The cons...

Well, I either have to do more school or grow up and find a real job. I've opted for more school. I have been accepted into the Masters program at BYU in Music Composition. Right now, I have in mind going the whole nine yards to get my doctorate. Well, I guess that all really isn't a con because I enjoy being in school. So, I guess there are only pros right now. Win!

2 comments:

Lex Hokanson said...

Congratulations! You're done... for now. Again - Congratulation! You got into BYU's Masters of Composition, that's impressive. I hear BYU is tough to get into as a Master's so way to go. I guess I'll have the chance to go to more of your concerts and hear you play. Oh, and hear your music. Did you ever get around to posting any of your music on your blog? I guess I could check but I'm in the middle of a comment. I'd love to hear some of that stuff again!

Karen Reid said...

The great pro to being alumni is that once in a while you get thus BYU Magazine in the mail, and you get called asking for donations to BYU. ;)