Thursday, May 10, 2012

Waffles

While in Vienna, we often had the chance to visit the Church Outreach Center. The Outreach Center is basically a haven for young adults that want to enjoy a good time in an environment thriving with the Spirit. There were many activities going on throughout the week here, such as Family Home Evening, Institute and game night.

Well, game night, which was on friday, quickly turned into waffle night. It was the best night and I would look forward to it every single week. Not only were there waffles and fantastic company, but the wonderful senior missionary couple, the Zauggs, were there to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed and wanted. They were basically our sweet grandparents over in Vienna.

At a typical waffle night, I could easily down 5 or 6 of these delicious waffles. I would have to put a limit on myself so everyone could have one. Sister Zaugg had this amazing buttermilk syrup that just knocked my socks off and kept me going back for more and more waffles. That syrup seriously turned off the mechanism in my body telling me that I was full. It is so good!

One of my many waffle compositions

Upon returning home to Utah, I quickly noticed that something was missing in my life. I only felt this on friday nights. I thought about this for a little while.

- - - - - - - - - -

"What is missing this lovely friday night?"

"Umm... Probably a date."

"A date?
I don't even know what that is.
No, something else is missing."

"I'm telling you.
It's friday night.
Dating is totally missing from your friday nights."

"No, it's not dating.
I just can't put my finger on it.
For some odd reason, I have the strangest taste in my... WAFFLES!!!"

"Waffles...?"

"That's what's missing from my friday nights!
WAFFLES!"

"I'm still pretty sure it is dating that is missing."

"I need to have a waffle night."

- - - - - - - - - -

And a waffle night I did have. Not by myself. Not with a date either. But with good friends from the study abroad. It was a good thing that I got some recipes from Sister Zaugg, especially her coveted buttermilk syrup recipe. Oh man! It is so delicious.

Friday night was back to normal :)

2 comments:

Julia Parker said...

My mouth is watering. It's maddening to be 2000 miles away from Waffle Night.

Grace Newman said...

HAHA this was the best post! I was laughing when I read it. I am soooo hungry for waffles right now, curse Rexburg. I WANT ZACH WAFFLES