Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Centennial Post

Fellow readers, this is my 100th post on my blog. It will have been almost exactly three years since I started my blog. When I first started my blog, I thought it a little silly and didn't know how long it would last. It has become a lot more than what I expected it to be.

It is a place for me to be funny, quirky or serious.

It is a useful tool to help document notable and not-so-notable times in my life. 

It helps me update friends and family, that may be far away at the moment, on things that are happening in my life. 

It is a creative outlet. 

It is a piece of my personality.

A lot of things have happened in my life over the last three years. My blog definitely does not cover everything that has happened. You don't need to know everything that has happened. If you did, I would have reached 100 posts about a month into starting this blog.

I love all of your support and comments. They really do make my day and help me feel that there is someone out there reading this.

I definitely do not have any specific theme running through my blog, unless you can call 'awesomeness' a theme. So, I want to try and sum up the important things in my life for this centennial post.

First, I have an amazing family. I don't post a lot about them because I'm a little bit selfish. I like to keep them all to myself because they are so amazing. They are the most influential reason of why I have become who I am today. And that's a good thing. I love who I am.




What's left of us at home. The other two got married.

Second, I have amazing friends. So many things that have happened on this blog have been in the good company of friends. They inspire me. They uplift me. They make me want to be the best that I can be. I love my friends and I hope they know and feel that I do. 

Third, the best medicine really is laughter. There is nothing that heals like a chuckle or a smile on the face. Suddenly, our worries are behind us and we're feeling better. I really do believe in living a happy, funny life. That doesn't dismiss the hard times or the serious things that happen, but it does make them just a little bit more bearable. It's just too hard for me to be serious all the time.

Fourth, I am really blessed by my Heavenly Father. He has given me more than I really deserve. I can go to Him anytime and anywhere. He is always there, ready to listen to me.

Fifth, I'm grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its teachings. I have based my life off of these teachings. There is a peace and spirit that is brought into my life because of this and I have quickly learned that it is something that I would not want to live without.

Lastly, I really am a devilishly handsome young man. I was a lady-killer from the very beginning.

I wish I looked this good now

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello I just loved it specially it is your 100 th Post. Thank you so much sharing this. I really like it since I am in your blog. When I am in your blog it makes me laugh or smiling or cry because I feel the Spirit. We love to read your Postings. Please always remember, it helps your friend's life too. So please never stop posting. And we are totally agree with you that YOU ARE one of the BEST and HANDSOME boy of the LORD. We miss you. From Wien.

Julia Parker said...

God, family, and friends. With your priorities straight and a good sense of humor, you can't go wrong, Zach! Hurray for the 100th post!

Lex Hokanson said...

Congrats on 100! That's quite an accomplishment. Keep it up!