Thursday, May 24, 2012

Secret Birthday Admirer

Yesterday happened to be my birthday and it was a fantastic day. Let me recount the details of my day.

I got a lot of practicing in. Yay!

- - - - - - - - - -

"Umm... Why are you celebrating the fact
that you practiced on your birthday?
That sounds pretty lame to me.
You should have done something fun and exciting."

"Well, it was a lot of good practicing.
I wouldn't expect you to understand.
You're always too busy doing dumb stuff like
researching how to build your own carbon fiber components."

"Hey! 
That is legit research.
You'll thank me later when we have an
awesome car with beautiful carbon fiber parts."

"Whatever..."

- - - - - - - - - -

I went to the India Palace with my dad. Mmm... All-you-can-eat Indian food. That was the best.

I went to the Brick Oven with the rest of my family (not everyone will eat Indian food). I had an awesome chicken artichoke pizza. It disappeared pretty fast. And I had lots of root beer to drink. So good.

We took a cake over to my grandparents house so that we could celebrate with them. They were pretty happy and excited we were there.

To top off my day, I received a thing of balloons with a snickers weighing them down. Hmm... Sound familiar


The difference being, I know who gave them to me last year. I have not the slightest idea from whom these ones came. There was a note on the door that said they were delivered to my neighbors, seeing as I wasn't home at the time, but there was no note. Nothing.

- - - - - - - - - -

"You should get on that.
Find out who it is.
She's probably pretty cute.
You could get working on that dating
thing I've been pestering you about."

"I don't know, man. 
I haven't dated in a while.
I'm probably not good at it anymore."

"Who are you kidding?
You never were any good at it."

"And why do I even talk to you?
Goodbye.
Go away now."

- - - - - - - - - -

So, readers, if you have any leads, that would be helpful as I would like to thank said "secret admirer" for the thoughtful balloons. If it's a guy, forget the "secret admirer" part, but I have a feeling it wasn't a guy. Just a hunch. 

And last, but not least, I ended with a nice Insanity workout session. The quest for the summer 6-pack is still on. And I'm closing in on it.

No comments: