Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

For our ward's home evening, we did some pumpkin carving. So, I grabbed all of my cool little pumpkin saws and tools and headed over there. Upon arriving, I raced over to the tables to find my pumpkin (yes. Raced. I was pretty excited). This is what he looked like.


It basically stayed this way for about half an hour. I just couldn't decide what to do with it. I didn't want to do the classic triangle eyes sparse-toothed smile. I wanted something awesome. Something hip and screaming 21st century. I needed something people would like and laugh at, but at the same time, strangely relate to. 

That was a very productive half hour of thinking. Better than anything I've done in school so far this semester. Pretty sad. Finally, I came up with the idea of all ideas. I was going to create an "emotipumpkon." "Genius!" I thought to myself. So, I plotted everything out and started carving.

;)

The flirtatious, winky face. Perfect. I was really onto something here, so why stop at just one emoticon? I thought of another.

:P

The goofy, stick-my-tongue-out face. My pumpkin was getting better and better as time went on. But two emoticons wasn't going to be enough. I needed a third.

XD

The squinty-eyed, mouth-wide-open, excited face. Best. Pumpkin. Ever. Now, I just needed to make sure that it was mine so no other could take credit for my take on 21st century digital culture in pumpkin format. 

Z

The best letter of the alphabet. Z. I'm particularly proud of the serif font I used (I debated for a good five minutes whether to make it serif or sans serif). This was now unmistakably my pumpkin. 

Now, for the emotipumpkon in all of it's grandeur. 

XD   ;)   :P

Z

5 comments:

Tairsa said...

You. Are. Awesome. The end.

Katie Kay said...

too cool.

Lex Hokanson said...

I always thought L was the best letter in the alphabet, but you may have just convinced me otherwise. Mainly because of the serifs.

Liz said...

We made the ;) pumpkin too!! WIN

kwistin said...

ohmygosh.

best. pumpkin ever.

this made me giggle. dang, i wish i would have gone to fhe just for this....