Monday, February 20, 2012

Geocaching

In the afternoon, after church and delicious tacos for lunch, my host family took us out to do some geocaching. I, personally, have never heard of this before. Apparently, people hide certain objects, obtain GPS coordinates for the object and then post them online for people to go and find. Pretty cool. My roommate Teancum was telling me of some clever ones back in Utah. Who knew?

This geocache was right near my host family's place. Everyone got bundled up and headed out.

"Let's go find this geocache thing. I'm ready."

All bundled up, ready for the cold. So cute.

Great way to stay dry. Also a great way to hang up the rain cover. :)

After some searching, we found the geocache underneath one of the benches. Inside was all sorts of little things that people had placed in there from little cards to small figurines and even a lanyard. It also includes a little notepad where you could write your name and the date that you found it. Pretty cool stuff!

The geocache itself. We found it! 

After we found that, we went up and down the streets that literally run through the Vienna woods. It was absolutely gorgeous and I loved it so much. We were even shown this amazingly cool house.

This would be an awesome house to live in. I would sit up in my towers everyday.

The kids were starting to get a little restless, so we headed on home. To top everything off, we had some delicious hot chocolate with whipped cream to warm us back up again.

Mmmm...... So good.

The cutest baby in all of Vienna. No question about that! 

The after geocaching game. He successfully made all the bricks stand on one point. What a smart kid.

It was the perfect way to spend a sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Great first shot there. Well done, Zach!