Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Konzerthaus

The past couple of days, I have had the opportunity to attend the rehearsals of the Wiener Symphoniker. It was pretty amazing. Let me tell you all about it.

On Wednesday, February 1, I went to the rehearsal in the afternoon in which they were rehearsing Shostakovich's Festive Overture and Cello Concerto No. 1.  I also went back again today to hear them rehearse Tchaikovsky's Symphony no. 5, which is one of my favorite symphonies ever. It has been a while since I have attended a professional orchestra concert, the last time being The Rite of Spring with the Utah Symphony.

There was just something amazing about listening to them play. There was just something about the way that they were playing that literally sends chills down my spine. Sure, I have listened to these pieces several times before but hearing it live was very special. There is something about the pure sound of the instruments, unadulterated by digital devices and equipment (electronics, headphones, amplification, etc.). It was just me, my ears and the raw sounds of the orchestra in the Konzerthaus in Vienna. It was a beautiful experience and I wish that everyone that reads this could have witnessed and felt what I did while listening to them.

Also, to top this whole experience off was how beautiful it was inside of the concert hall. Don't worry, I have some pictures for you. I would love to play inside of here some day.

  



3 comments:

Briana Aileen said...

Looks like you are having so much fun! I love the Konzerthaus! I am missing Vienna like crazy. Make sure you go to the cemetery where the composers are buried. It is a beautiful place.

kwistin said...

look at you, you're a blogging fiend! i'm enjoying the updates. that hall is beautiful--wow. and there isn't anything quite like music that is literally spine-chilling (in a good way). i love this kind of feeling: " It was just me, my ears and the raw sounds of the orchestra in the Konzerthaus in Vienna."

i'm glad you're having a blast!

soccerball said...

Love, love, love! I'm glad I was there to hear it too!! At least the Shostakovich. :)