Saturday, March 10, 2012

Panoramic Vision

There were so many beautiful scenes on our excursion to Germany. I tried to capture them all and was somewhat successful, I think. 

This is Salzburg.


Salzburg was a beautiful city. It was large, but was very quiet. I was expecting to see a lot more people because this is an important city for the composer Mozart and it's where the "hills are alive." I'm excited to come back here near the end of my stay with our entire group. 

View from Neuschwanstein Castle.


This was one of my favorite places. It was away from everything else. A place in it's own secret corner of the world. Surrounded with great mountains and valleys. This is definitely a change of pace from where we were going in the next few days.

This is Frankfurt.


Huge city. Fast paced. Large, sky scraping buildings that were literally touching the clouds that day. There was so much to see and definitely not enough time to do it all. 

This is Berlin.



I was able to walk on the outside of the dome of the Berlinerdom and have a 360 degree view of all of Berlin. It was a fabulous day and my favorite of the big cities we visited. I can't exactly put my finger on why I liked it so much (probably because of the Berlin Philharmonic concert), but it just felt really good to be there. It was clean, bright and beautiful.

1 comment:

kwistin said...

ahhh beautiful! i especially love the lines in the salzburg one, the juxtaposition of shapes (not to mention the cool ambiance and fading effect of the sky on the buildings) in the frankfurt one and the colors + perspective of the second berlin one.