Thursday, June 21, 2012

Where the Magic Happens

I have been on the fence for a while now regarding my own website. I thought that it would be a good idea but I always hated maintaining it, especially since I had a blog (and I love my blog). I can do everything on my blog that I did on my website, but I couldn't quite get my website to be as cool as my blog (All I have to say is carbon fiber). So, after looking at the pros and cons of a personal website, I have decided to delete it. I will probably still have a personal website in the future, but for now, this is the best for me.

Now, for those that enjoyed listening to my compositions, dry your tears and listen to this. I have worked hard throughout this night to preserve the recordings from my website and have created a handy tab titled "compositions" at the top of the right column on my blog. Yes, all of the recordings are there for your enjoyment. Almost everything from that site has been moved over here. "Zach with a Silent 'h'" is now your one-stop shop for everything Zach.

One of the nice things about having a personal website is that I knew a lot of people weren't going there and thus my fragile, tender pride was protected. Those who are artists understand this a little better (see my friends post about vulnerability). It's very hard to put yourself out there. I feel extremely vulnerable having my compositions so accessible to family, friends and whoever else comes across my blog. And that's ok. I'm just trying to get where the magic happens. I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone.

1 comment:

flutefairy said...

I listened to a bunch of them. They sound good. :)